Welcome to the
Promoting the Art of Woodturning
A LITTLE ABOUT US
We are a Woodturning club based at the Aberfoyle Park High school, South of Adelaide, South Australia. We meet on the first Saturday of the month, between 10am and 4pm. Our meetings are a very social event and usually involve a hands on woodturning project and/or demonstration.
With many of our members interested in other forms of woodwork, there is always something new to discuss and learn.
New people are always welcome to come and try, no skill or experience necessary.
The Benefits of Membership
- Social interaction with people who share a common interest in wood and wood turning.
- Seek advice and discuss problems and solutions with experienced turners
- Obtain discounts on machinery and consumables from suppliers such as Carbatec (15%)
- Use of the Club’s equipment at monthly meetings
- Access to low cost gifted timber – often not commercially available
- Opportunities to sell wares at markets and displays
- Participation in bulk purchasing events to minimise freight costs
- Opportunity to tell those jokes to a new audience that the family is sick of hearing
Brian Foreman Award Winner March 2023
Beginners classes, Come and LEARN
See about our beginners course weekends
No experience or tools necessary
Throughout the year, the Southern Turners are involved in numerous demonstrations and exhibitions around Adelaide. Find out where to find us next.
DONATE A TREE
Our members are committed to the responsible use of wood through reuse and recycling natural timber into handcrafted craft and art items.
If you are having a tree removed or have a fallen tree, and the wood is not wanted, please consider donating it to our club. We can liaise with the tree removal company and arrange removal of the timber